Sunday 20 March 2011

Deshini & Keegan - Farthing Venue


Photography by Norman Dent


How did you meet: We met 3 days before Keegan’s 24th Birthday in July 2007
at the Corner House (Irish Pub) on Witkoppen. I was up from Durban for work
purposes and had no intention of ever getting caught up in the JHB rat race.
Surprise to say, 3 weeks later I relocated; we found our own place and
moved in together. Everything happened so fast but worked out for
the best in the end. I think it was a case of knowing in your heart
that you have finally met your soul mate.




The proposal: Keegan proposed on the 9th of August 2009 at our home.
It was stunning and I could tell that he put a lot of thought and effort into
the entire evening. He had made arrangements for my boss to keep me back
at work instead of leaving early, as it was a Friday. I remember driving
home and thinking “what have I screwed up at work that I was not
allowed to leave early”. When I got home I saw the door leading
to the garden was open, instantly I thought we had been robbed,
so I clutched on to my keys and got ready to attack until I saw Keegan.
He was dresses up in a tuxedo and our dog (Zoey) was wearing a cute
pink collar, the dining room table had been moved outside and
beautifully decorated.  When I took a closer looked at the Zoey’s collar,
 it had “will you marry me” then I looked up and saw Keeg on 1 knee
holding this beautiful ring.  Very special evening and the best part
was that even our dog was a part of the proposal.




What theme or atmosphere did you create on your Big Day:  
It was a very relaxed, fun day from dawn till dusk. 
Lots of laughs and beautiful memories from start to finish.


What was unique about your wedding? –
It was unique in that it was the coming together of
2 culturally different families.




The Best thing about being a Bride: The special attention I got from my mom
and aunty the week leading to my wedding.
I even got a head to toe message from them the night before.

The Best thing about being a Groom:  
Having everyone around there to share this special moment with you.

Special incidents of the day: 
The most special thing for me was having my little brother walk me down the aisle.
 The highlight was the beautiful song Keegan sang for me at our reception.

Any advice you would like to give other bridal couples?
Just enjoy every second of your wedding day and take the time absorb
and savor all the special moments as they go by so fast.
Don’t allow anything to ruin your day, just go with it and have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment